Submit Cover Art
Next deadline: January 28th, 2021
If you would like to have your artwork considered for the University of Saskatchewan Undergraduate Research Journal's winter 2020 issue, please note the following instructions and other important information:
- High-resolution, high-quality images of your work(s) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on November 2nd.
- Include your full name, email address, phone number, and your current major. You must be an undergraduate student.
- If your art is selected for the cover, it may be cropped somewhat accommodate text, and text may be superimposed on part of the image (the USURJ logo, and volume and issue number).
- You may submit more than one work, including a body of work. Artist statements are optional but welcomed.
- Please do not submit work previously published or work submitted to other journals for consideration.
- We are not looking for any particular theme or type of work. Photography, paintings, mixed media, and other mediums are acceptable.
- Please review the publication terms of agreement, and copyright options.*
Questions? Contact email@example.com
PAST ISSUE'S COVERS: https://usurj.journals.usask.ca/issue/archive
The Artist grants USURJ:
- non-exclusive (the Artist can give permission to use the artwork to parties other than USURJ in the future)
- non-assignable (USURJ is not permitted to assign this license to another party)
- non-transferable (USURJ is not permitted to transfer this license to another party)
- irrevocable (the Artist cannot withdraw or revoke the license once it is provided)
- worldwide rights to publish the artwork in the journal and online, reproduce and archive the artwork on the USURJ website, and to use the artwork for promotional and marketing purposes, in perpetuity.
- The Artist grants the above rights without claim of royalties or other compensation.
- *All other copyright for the original artwork remains with the artist unless they wish to apply a Creative Commons (CC) license to the artwork.
- The benefit of applying a CC license to your artwork is that potential future users of it will know your wishes in advance and will not need to locate you to ask for permissions. If you wish to apply a CC license, please choose from the options listed and explained here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses